Information for Applicants
Information for Applicants
Please use Recruitment@vicdaly.nt.gov.au to submit your application
Ensure your application contains:
- A front cover letter
- An updated Resume
- Copies of any relevant qualifications
- Copies of compliance documents: Working with Children Card – Ochre Card and National Criminal History Check
- At least two work related references
Your resume or curriculum vitae should contain the following:
- Personal details including contact details
- Secondary and tertiary education qualifications
- Other relevant courses or professional development
- Employment history, current and previous, position summary and duties and length of service
VDRC selection is based on the merit principle defined as “the capacity of the person to perform particular duties, having regard to the person’s knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience and the potential for future development of the person”. Merit is determined through a fair and transparent assessment process.
- Applications are assessed on merit by a selection panel and a short list is created to identify those applicants who warrant further consideration.
- At interview the selection panel will ask a series of questions in line with the selection criteria and specific duties of the position.
- Nominated referees may be contacted to obtain more information about you.
- The preferred applicant will be notified.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
References provided by you may be contacted during the selection process. It’s a good idea to get permission from your references before nominating them. If you are a current employee of the Council and you have been selected for an interview and one of the panel members directly supervises you it is a requirement for you to obtain a referee report from them prior to the interview process starting.
Criminal History Checks
For all vacancies successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of their current (Issued within the last 3 months) criminal history check upon commencement. If the applicant is unable to, a copy of the receipt of submission is required.
Working with Children Clearance
For some vacancies successful applicants will be required to obtain a working with children clearance upon commencement. If it is an essential requirement of the position you will be unable to commence until a valid clearance has been produced.
Equal Employment Opportunity
VDRC aims for an inclusive and diverse workforce. All equal employment opportunity (EEO) groups are encouraged to apply.
Applicants having trouble applying online, please contact the Human Resources Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter introduces you and states the position for which you are applying. This is your opportunity to sell yourself! You should detail your relevant skills and experience and state the reasons why you want this particular job.
29 Crawford Street,
Katherine East NT 0850
PO Box 19, Katherine NT 0851
Further Enquiries Regarding Recruitment
Ph: 0448 788 498
Dheran Young comes to Pine Creek
Come down to Katherine Town Square to see the best of the Big Rivers region on the big screen. Light refreshments will be provided.
When: Friday 16 Semptember, 7:30am - 9:30am.
Where: Heritage Park, Pine Creek
Come and test out your cricket skills at Timber Creek's annual community cricket carnival, the Dingo Cup.Register your team of six at ntcricket.com.au, or call 89448900.
When: 15 - 16 October 2022
Address: Timber Creek