About the Organisation
Victoria Daly Regional Council - VDRC is a vibrant and energetic organisation. Provides a range of local government services to residents of the stunning Victoria Daly Region covering an area of 168,277Km2.
Council's vision is "Moving Forward Together"
Advertisement of Job Vacancies and Career Opportunities thought the VDRC Region are placed on our Website, Community Notice boards & Published in Newspapers and on Employment Websites.
VDRC Offices are located in each of our 5 Communities -
Nauiyu (Daly River)
Kalkarindji / Daguragu
VDRC Regional Office is located in Katherine, known as the Gate way to the Top End.
If you want to live and work in stunning Big Rivers Region and contribute to a better community making a difference to a beautifully unique part of Australia, then seek employment with Victoria Daly Regional Council.
<<<<<<<<<<<< BE JOB READY >>>>>>>>>>>>
Prior to commencing employment with Victoria Daly Regional Council you must obtain and hold a current and valid:
- A National Police Clearance Issued by SAFE NT
- Be an Australian resident or provide a current relevant visa to work in Australia
- A Valid Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) or provide an application receipt for an exemption to be approved by SAFE NT
Applicants are encouraged to author a Cover Letter and/or an Expression of Intertest avaliable at your nearest Victoria Daly Regional Council Office.
Join the Victoria Daly Regional Council Team
To Apply Send Your Application
Including Cover Letter / Expression of Interest To:
For further information on Current Job Vacancies and Career Opportunites with VDRC
Please contact the VDRC HR Department in Our Regional Office -
Email: Recruitment@vicdaly.nt.gov.au Phone: 08 89720 777
Information For Applicants
To apply for a position with our Council, you must be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status. For more Applicant Information please click here
To view the Enterprise Agreement 2015 -17 please click here
VDRC selection is based on the merit principle defined as “the capacity of the person to perform particular duties, having regard to the person’s knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience and the potential for future development of the person". Merit is determined through a fair and transparent assessment process.
Please use Recruitment@vicdaly.nt.gov.au to submit your application
Ensure your application contains:
- A front cover letter
- An updated Resume
- Copies of any relevant qualifications
- Copies of compliance documents: Working with Children Card - Ochre Card and National Criminal History Check
- At least two work related references
Applicants having trouble applying online, please contact the Human Resources Department via email: email@example.com
Your cover letter introduces you and states the position for which you are applying. This is your opportunity to sell yourself! You should detail your relevant skills and experience and state the reasons why you want this particular job.
Your resume or curriculum vitae should contain the following:
- Personal details including contact details
- Secondary and tertiary education qualifications
- Other relevant courses or professional development
- Employment history, current and previous, position summary and duties and length of service
- Applications are assessed on merit by a selection panel and a short list is created to identify those applicants who warrant further consideration.
- At interview the selection panel will ask a series of questions in line with the selection criteria and specific duties of the position.
- Nominated referees may be contacted to obtain more information about you.
- The preferred applicant will be notified.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
References provided by you may be contacted during the selection process. It’s a good idea to get permission from your references before nominating them.
If you are a current employee of the Council and you have been selected for an interview and one of the panel members directly supervises you it is a requirement for you to obtain a referee report from them prior to the interview process starting.
Criminal History Checks
For all vacancies successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of their current (Issued within the last 3 months) criminal history check upon commencement. If the applicant is unable to, a copy of the receipt of submission is required.
Working with Children Clearance - Ochre Card
For some vacancies successful applicants will be required to obtain a working with children clearance upon commencement. If it is an essential requirement of the position you will be unable to commence until a valid clearance has been produced.
Equal Employment Opportunity
VDRC aims for an inclusive and diverse workforce.
All equal employment opportunity (EEO) groups are encouraged to apply.
Notification of Outcome/Post Interview Feedback
You will be advised in writing of the outcome of the selection process. On request, the Chairperson of the selection panel will arrange for feedback on the panel’s decision.
Should you require more information regarding a vacancy, please contact the person listed in the advertisement. If you require additional information regarding the recruitment process, applicants may contact Human Resources on 08 8972 0777.