About the Organisation
Victoria Daly Regional Council (VDRC) is a vibrant and energetic organisation, delivering a range of local government services and programs to residents of the beautiful stunning communities Victoria Daly Region covering an area of 168,277Km2.
Victoria Daly Regional Council have five goals to deliver its vision of
"Moving Forward Together"
1. Financial Sustainability
2. Good Governance
3. To meet the expectations of the communities we serve
4. To provide employment to Indigenous people in our community
5. To maintain and develop Council's assets
Council have developed a number of strategies across the organisation to drive the delivery of these goals.
Advertisement of Job Vacancies and Career Opportunities thought the VDRC Region are placed on our Website, Community Notice boards & Published in Newspapers and on Employment Websites.
Council Offices are located in each of our 5 Communities
Nauiyu / Daly River
Kalkarindji / Daguragu
Council's Regional Office is located in Katherine, a town known as the gate way to the Top End. If you want to live and work in a naturally stunning region where no two are the same, with National Parks, Big Rivers and NT outback lifestyle then seek employment with VDRC and contribute to a better community, making a difference to residents of a beautifully unique part of Australia.
<<<<<<<<<<<< BE JOB READY >>>>>>>>>>>>
Prior to commencing employment with Victoria Daly Regional Council you must obtain the following:
- A National Police Clearance Issued by SAFE NT
- Be an Australian resident or provide a current relevant visa to work in Australia
- A Valid Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) or provide an application receipt for an exemption to be approved by SAFE NT
Applicants are encouraged to author a Cover Letter and/or an Expression of Intertest avaliable at your nearest Victoria Daly Regional Council Office.
Join the Victoria Daly Regional Council Team
To Apply Send Your Application Addressing the Selection Criteria Including Cover Letter / Expression of Interest To:
Council Works Team Leader
Full Time - 38 hour working week
Join our team based in Kalkarindji, Northern Territory. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to lead, manage and develop staff from a range of backgrounds and in cultural context. Supervising the day to day operations of the Council Works team of recreational parks, streets, gardens and facilities. You'll also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of the waste management services, Including domestic and commercial collections, litter reduction, recycling and assist in the mangement of the the landfill site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and support t the Council Works staff, to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services are being met;
- Creating, implementing and monitoring work plans for the Council Works Team;
- Managing the construction, maintenance and delivery of minor civil works;
- Maintaining all equipment in a safe, clean and serviceable condition;
- Advising the Council Service Manager when equipment is not working or has been damaged;
- Maintaining a safe working environment and ensuring Work Health & Safety regulations are adhered to; and
- Ensuring the policies and procedures of the Council are adhered to and all resources are effectively deployed.
This position calls for physical work to be undertaken outside in all weather conditions, including both dry and humid heats. It is expected that the occupant is able to work in these types of conditions. In addition, not all work areas are within the current community boundary, therefore the occupant must be prepared to travel and at times spend time away from home.
This Role requires a Current Manual Driver’s Licence, White Card, Chemical Handling Certificate, First Aid Certificate. Before commencement it is a requirment to provide a Criminal history check, valid when issued within the last 3 months.
Job Security & Benefits with Council!
Salary Level 4 Indicative $61,577.49
6 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% loading
Mon - Fri Generally 8am - 4.30pm
Relocation Allowance Up To $5000!
Remote Area Allowance of $5,000 Per Annum
with subsidised rent and partly furnished
Ongoing Training and Development
Applications Now Accepted To:
Wednesday 6th December 2017
For More Information Contact:
Kimberley Silk on 08 89720 743
For further information on Current Job Vacancies and Career Opportunites with VDRC
Please contact the VDRC HR Department in Our Regional Office -
Phone: 08 89720 777
Information For Applicants
To apply for a position with our Council, you must be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status. For more Applicant Information please click here
To view the Enterprise Agreement 2015 -17 please click here
VDRC selection is based on the merit principle defined as “the capacity of the person to perform particular duties, having regard to the person’s knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience and the potential for future development of the person". Merit is determined through a fair and transparent assessment process.
Please use Recruitment@vicdaly.nt.gov.au to submit your application
Ensure your application contains:
- A front cover letter
- An updated Resume
- Copies of any relevant qualifications
- Copies of compliance documents: Working with Children Card - Ochre Card and National Criminal History Check
- At least two work related references
Applicants having trouble applying online, please contact the Human Resources Department via email: email@example.com
Your cover letter introduces you and states the position for which you are applying. This is your opportunity to sell yourself! You should detail your relevant skills and experience and state the reasons why you want this particular job.
Your resume or curriculum vitae should contain the following:
- Personal details including contact details
- Secondary and tertiary education qualifications
- Other relevant courses or professional development
- Employment history, current and previous, position summary and duties and length of service
- Applications are assessed on merit by a selection panel and a short list is created to identify those applicants who warrant further consideration.
- At interview the selection panel will ask a series of questions in line with the selection criteria and specific duties of the position.
- Nominated referees may be contacted to obtain more information about you.
- The preferred applicant will be notified.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
References provided by you may be contacted during the selection process. It’s a good idea to get permission from your references before nominating them.
If you are a current employee of the Council and you have been selected for an interview and one of the panel members directly supervises you it is a requirement for you to obtain a referee report from them prior to the interview process starting.
Criminal History Checks
For all vacancies successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of their current (Issued within the last 3 months) criminal history check upon commencement. If the applicant is unable to, a copy of the receipt of submission is required.
Working with Children Clearance - Ochre Card
For some vacancies successful applicants will be required to obtain a working with children clearance upon commencement. If it is an essential requirement of the position you will be unable to commence until a valid clearance has been produced.
Equal Employment Opportunity
VDRC aims for an inclusive and diverse workforce.
All equal employment opportunity (EEO) groups are encouraged to apply.
Notification of Outcome/Post Interview Feedback
You will be advised in writing of the outcome of the selection process. On request, the Chairperson of the selection panel will arrange for feedback on the panel’s decision.
Should you require more information regarding a vacancy, please contact the person listed in the advertisement. If you require additional information regarding the recruitment process, applicants may contact Human Resources on 08 8972 0777.