Council advertises employment opportunities via this page, plus community noticeboards, newspapers and employment websites.
Information for candidates is available below.
To apply for a permanent position with our Council, you must be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status
For Applicant Information please click here
To view the Enterprise Agreement 2015 -17 please click here
In the Council, selection is based on the merit principle defined as “the capacity of the person to perform particular duties, having regard to the person’s knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience and the potential for future development of the person". Merit is determined through a fair and transparent assessment process.
Please utilise our website to submit your online application and ensure your application contains:
- A front cover letter
- Response to online questions
- An updated Resume
- Photocopies of any relevant qualifications
- Photocopies of clearances – Working with Children and Criminal History Check
- At least two work related references
Applicants having trouble applying online, can contact our Human Resources team via email: email@example.com
Your cover letter introduces you and states the position for which you are applying. You should detail your relevant skills and experience and state the reasons why you want this particular job. This is your opportunity to sell yourself.
Your resume or curriculum vitae should contain the following:
- Personal details including contact details
- Secondary and tertiary education qualifications
- Other relevant courses or professional development
- Employment history, current and previous, position summary and duties and length of service
- Applications are assessed on merit by a selection panel and a short list is created to identify those applicants who warrant further consideration.
- At interview the selection panel will ask a series of questions in line with the selection criteria and specific duties of the position.
- Nominated referees may be contacted to obtain more information about you.
- The preferred applicant will be notified.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
References provided by you may be contacted during the selection process. It’s a good idea to get permission from your references before nominating them.
If you are a current employee of the Council and you have been selected for an interview and one of the panel members directly supervises you it is a requirement for you to obtain a referee report from them prior to the interview process starting.
Criminal History Checks
For all vacancies successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of their current (no older then 3 months) criminal history check upon commencement. If the applicant is unable to, a copy of the receipt of submission is required.
Working with Children Clearance
For some vacancies successful applicants will be required to obtain a working with children clearance upon commencement. If it is an essential requirement of the position you will be unable to commence until clearance has been produced.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Victoria Daly Regional Council aims for an inclusive and diverse workforce. All equal employment opportunity (EEO) groups are encouraged to apply.
Notification of Outcome/Post Interview Feedback
You will be advised in writing of the outcome of the selection process. On request, the Chairperson of the selection panel will arrange for feedback on the panel’s decision.
Should you require more information regarding a vacancy, please contact the person listed in the advertisement.
If you require additional information regarding the recruitment process, applicants may contact Human Resources on 08 8972 0777.
- Online application has been completed
- I have attached
- Application form
- Front Cover Letter
- Updated Resume including references
- Copies of relevant qualifications
- Copies of clearances ie. Working with Children Criminal History Check
When you submit your application online you will receive an automatic reply from the system stating that your application has been received.